The meandering thoughts of a modern-day hearth witch.


Wednesday 18 May 2011

Analogue Love

For Christmas my wonderful beau B, who knows me very well, bought me a new toy.
An analogue camera.


To be precise, a Diana F+ by Lomography.


The Lomography philosophy can be most easily defined by their 10 Golden Rules:

1. Take your camera everywhere you go
2. Use it any time – day and night
3. Lomography is not an interference in your life, but part of it
4.Try the shot from the hip
5. Approach the objects of your Lomographic desire as close as possible
6. Don't think (William Firebrace)
7. Be fast
8.You don't have to know beforehand what you captured on film
9. Afterwards either
10. Don't worry about any rules


I absolutely love this ethos - it takes photography back to its roots and forces you to, once again, experience the wonderful mystery of developing a film and having no clue how your shots will emerge.
While there is now a permanent place in my life for digital photography, I also want to make space for analogue. Having seen my first 'test' reels of film, I think its going to have to be quite a big space!
So happy with how these came out.

1 musings:

Faeryfay said...

WOW! What a fabulous camera!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I truly love to hear your contributions.

Related Posts with Thumbnailslinkwithin_text='From the same cauldron...'