The meandering thoughts of a modern-day hearth witch.


Saturday 9 July 2011

Alice's Mug

For those of you who haven't already, you really should visit Alice's Bucket List

Alice is a beautiful, brave 15 year old girl who has terminal cancer. Her blog is her bucket list - a list of things she wants to achieve in the precious time she has left. In her words: 'You only have one life - live it!' 

Today, Alice posted about one of her fantastic achievements since starting her blog - she has designed a stunning summery mug for Emma Bridgewater. You can buy it here, with a great-big £10 from every sale being contributed to Torbay Holiday Helpers Network, which supports families with terminally ill children. 

Alice's 1/2 Pint Mug

Another of Alice's aims is to get EVERYONE to sign up to be a bone marrow donor. I'm going to take the first step towards doing so on Monday, when I go to give blood. (You need to be a blood donor, before you can be a bone marrow donor). While Alice and I have your attention, I would urge you to consider doing so also. When I look back at how much donor blood my dad needed when he was sick and consider that - had he been lucky enough - he would also have had a bone marrow transplant, it makes me so incredibly thankful for all those people who had taken the time and thought to donate. I'm ashamed to say I wasn't one of those people before then - I'm going to put that right now. 

For more information about blood  and bone marrow donation, if you are in the UK visit Give Blood and British Bone Marrow Registry or if you are in the USA visit The American Red Cross and National Marrow Donor Program

Thank you. 

0 musings:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I truly love to hear your contributions.

Related Posts with Thumbnailslinkwithin_text='From the same cauldron...'