The meandering thoughts of a modern-day hearth witch.


Wednesday 9 June 2010

Summer Bucket List

Inspired by the lovely Laura over at The Lola Letters and recent events in my life encouraging me to seize the day, I thought I would share with you my summer 'to-do' list.


Laura calls this her Summer Bucket List and it comprises of all the things one desires to do during the summer months, written down onto strips of paper and placed in a bucket, to be pulled out once or twice a week. I just LOVE the idea behind this - letting  whatever will be happen. 


So, when the days are long and the evenings light; when the Earth is warmed and the sun shines bright, what do you want to do with your time? I know I'll be enjoying some freedom this summer as, being a teacher, it will be my first long holiday. So, here goes...

My Summer 'Bucket' List

Spend the day in Oxford and have drinks by the river at The Trout
***
Visit the seaside and eat fish and chips out of newspaper
***
Go wild swimming
***
Go strawberry picking
***
Have an evening by the fire, toasting marshmallows
***
Take photographs in a rapeseed or poppy field
***
Share a seafood platter with B
***
Paint and distress my desk chair
***
Go for ice cream
***
'Midnight Margaritas'
***
Sew some owls just like these cuties from Alexandra at Moonstitches
*** 
Go for a picnic
***
Spend a whole 24 hours without technology - including watches - and just go where the wind takes us.
***
Have a girls' pamper day with Mum
***
A day trip to London to visit the art galleries with B

I'm sure I will think of many more to add to this list over the coming weeks!

How about you? What would be on your summer bucket lists?

2 musings:

brandi said...

~this is such a fun idea...i have been working on 101 things i would like to accomplish...hard list to finish...this seems simply and adventures ready and waiting to happen...ceaze the day! i wish you a wonderful summer full of moments that steal your breath away...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

Little Messy Missy said...

Good list!!!Great idea!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I truly love to hear your contributions.

Related Posts with Thumbnailslinkwithin_text='From the same cauldron...'