The meandering thoughts of a modern-day hearth witch.


Friday 27 August 2010

Fruition...

...can only come from nurturing and time. This is the case in all areas of life. When I returned home from my holiday I was delighted to find an array of treats waiting for me - all fruits borne from that special combination.

The first treat was found in my post-box...


...a package of surprises from the wonderfully generous Mother Moon.

What delights I found within!


A very dainty pair of earrings. These pretty, delicate ones are just my style.



A set of hand-decorated notecards - perfect for thank yous!


And last but by no means least, a fantastical card, with such a sweet message which went to the heart of how I feel about blogging. 

We are part of a community here and I am loving reaching out to meet like-minded people and hope to get to know you all better over the forthcoming months. These treats are a reminder that with nurture and time, friendships can grow. 

Many thanks and brightest blessings, Mother Moon

...

The second treat was a wonderful reward for a lot of patience and care over the past few months.

When I first moved in to my cottage, a year ago, a friend bought me a beautiful orchid as a house-warming gift. After several months in bloom, the flowers sadly began to drop one by one until I was left with an empty stem. This happens with all orchids, whose flowering life is limited.

However, I did not want to discard the plant. I had heard it is very rare that an orchid will flower again, but I did not want to give up. I cut the flowerless stem right down and moved the orchid to a shaded, cooler spot.

About five months later I noticed a new stem had appeared. A few weeks after that there were buds on it. I was delighted! And when I walked into my living room on Monday, this was what I saw...


The orchid has triumphed against the odds! Blessed are we with little rewards given for nurturing and having the patience to allow time to work its wonders. 

3 musings:

Little Messy Missy said...

I love coming home to gifts in the mail!!

Mother Moon said...

glad you enjoyed your treats... and congrats on your orchid... patience is what it takes I think... my daughter had one rebloom and I was so jealous... blessings

brandi said...

~this post came in perfect time...my husband bought me an orchid for mothers day and the last of its blooms fell a few weeks ago...i have not wanted to toss it either in hopes of a return...i shall try what you did and see if i have the same magic upon me to bring it back....wonderful treats you have received as well...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I truly love to hear your contributions.

Related Posts with Thumbnailslinkwithin_text='From the same cauldron...'