The meandering thoughts of a modern-day hearth witch.


Tuesday 27 September 2011

Hearth and Home // Magickal Movies

As the nights draw in and we creep towards Hallowe'en and the darkening winter months, one of my favourite pastimes is snuggling up under a warm blanket, with a steaming mug of mulled cider or hot chocolate and magickal stories unfolding before my eyes. 


 B and I kicked off this year's traditional 'hibernation' with one of my favourites last weekend - Edward Scissorhands - Tim Burton's gothic take on the familiar 'Beauty and the Beast' yarn.

Over the next few weeks, the following will provide comfort and warmth from the cold outside...


(Always a favourite at any time of year!)


(I have a valid excuse this year - my sixth form class are studying Harry Potter!)


It has become a long-standing tradition that this childhood favourite is watched at Hallowe'en in my house...


And then before you know it we'll be on to the Christmas ones - and that will be a whole other post!

I can't wait! Do you have any seasonal movie traditions? 

5 musings:

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

Hi. I just found your blog. I'm following you now. I love your header on here. I love cats.

Jen said...

I listed my favorite holiday movies last year. So much fun to record them and have a reference to share!
http://chasingdomesticbliss.blogspot.com/2010/12/my-top-ten-holiday-movies.html

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Oh...sounds like a GRAND time!!! And all my favorites here, too. :)

Celia said...

I love all of these movies!!! I have to add to those Charlie Brown's Halloween Special! I like the Good Witch movies from the Hallmark channel too!

Beth said...

Hi, I like to watch 'The Ghost and Mrs. Muir' with Gene Tierney and Rex Harrison. Romantic, humorous and a little bit spooky.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I truly love to hear your contributions.

Related Posts with Thumbnailslinkwithin_text='From the same cauldron...'