The meandering thoughts of a modern-day hearth witch.


Wednesday 2 May 2012

Plans, Goals and Hopes for May

As I was welcoming May - and summer - yesterday, I thought about the goals I want to achieve over this month and the forthcoming summer. We are already seeing the beginnings of growth around us, from the seeds we planted at the start of the year and in Spring. 


Some of these seeds are literal seeds - there are crops beginning to sprout on the windowsill and down at the allotment. Some, however, are metaphorical - personal plans that we put in place and goals we are striving to achieve this year. For example, my photography blog, charting 366 photos for 2012 was something I began in January and is now flourishing! I have had my first paid photography job and I have put plans in place to reduce my teaching hours next year. 

I am so thankful to be seeing these plans already come into fruition - I'm sending lots of gratitude out into the Universe at the moment! But now it's time to take the next steps. My beans won't grow healthy and strong without some canes to support them, lots of watering and sunshine and a bit of love. The same applies to my dreams. 

So...some of my May goals are...

~ To create a 'vision board' of where I want to be next year, with lots of beautiful, visual images to keep me inspired when working towards my goals.
~ Some complete some small photography projects, which will add to my repertoire of skills. These include taking 'moving star' photographs and water droplets.
~ To get a bench sorted for our allotment, so that we can enjoy the time down there, peacefully watching growth, as well as instigating it.
~ To improve and beautify the area where I sleep, so I feel rested and re-energised each morning. 

What steps towards your goals are you planning on taking this May?

1 musings:

Captain Shagrat said...

Alot of my goals mirror yours especially to do with the allotment. Congratulations with the photography too, I love it when a plan comes together. De cluttering is one of my main objectives at the present time

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I truly love to hear your contributions.

Related Posts with Thumbnailslinkwithin_text='From the same cauldron...'