The meandering thoughts of a modern-day hearth witch.


Monday 18 January 2010

Brightening my day today...


I consider myself fortunate to work as a teacher in a wonderful school which is surrounded by trees and greenery. One of the benefits  is being able to spot an array of wildlife from my classroom window. Today’s blessing came in the form of a cottontail bunny, resurfacing after the snow and frost, to spring about giddily once the children had left for the day. This put me in mind of a childhood favourite – Peter Rabbit – and brought back many happy memories of snuggling under the duvet with my edition of Beatrix Potter’s collected tales. 



‘I am sorry to say that Peter was not very well during the evening.   His mother put him to bed, and made some camomile tea; and she gave a dose of it to Peter! 'One table-spoonful to be taken at bed-time.’


Very wise advice indeed!


I still have my copy of the tales, although it is now rather battered and worn. It remains tucked away, in the hopes that if I have children of my own, they too will enjoy its magic. 

0 musings:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I truly love to hear your contributions.

Related Posts with Thumbnailslinkwithin_text='From the same cauldron...'