The meandering thoughts of a modern-day hearth witch.


Monday 19 April 2010

Creative Spaces

My current workspace at home looks like this...



I find that in order to settle down and be remotely creative I have to have some sources of inspiration and joy around me. Luckily for me, the view outside my window is luscious and green; I look up from my work to see birds flying under the eaves and wild flowers growing in the hedgerow. 

However, I also need a certain prettiness within my space. Eye-candy in the form of cheerful photographs, pretty greetings cards, cut flowers and little boxes covered in decorative wrapping paper are essentials. I cannot bear the thought of a workspace looking cold and corporate. 

These treasure troves of inspirational tidbits over at A Storybook Life are truly beautiful and led me to think about some new ways to organise my creative space at home.


I love the idea of hanging photographs and pretty ribbons on a tree branch for decoration, ensuring that those memories brighten up the home, rather than staying stored away in boxes.

How about you? How do you like to organise your creative spaces at home? I would love for you to share your ideas with me and if anyone wishes to email a picture, I can post it up with a link to your blog or site. 

Brightest blessings and inspirational wishes for within your own little havens of creativity. 

4 musings:

C said...

I wish my space was as organised :)i manage to take up the whole flat lol the worst is when im painting in the kitchen i always manage to dip my brush in my tea lol

Anna xx said...

http://annabelshouse.blogspot.com/2010/04/and-mine-looks-like-this.html

Good work ladyface. You are an inspiration.

Jen said...

Thanks for your comment. It seems that great minds think alike. I love the yellow desk as well (and if that's just the lighting in the photo then it is great regardless)

Amy said...

It's just the lighting, Jen! It's actually a cream colour with lots of distressed bits. Thank you for your comment.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I truly love to hear your contributions.

Related Posts with Thumbnailslinkwithin_text='From the same cauldron...'