The meandering thoughts of a modern-day hearth witch.


Wednesday 12 May 2010

An Emo Moment


Today I feel a little bit lost. 


My head aches, I feel tired and on-edge and I seem to be experiencing the full carousel of emotions in exhausting rotation. And I wonder. I can't quite figure out why the past couple of days have left me feeling so bad. 



And then I remember...

The sky is dark again.

I often do find this time of the month challenging; the waning moon seems to affect me strongly and I'm not the best company to be around. 


And then I feel horribly guilty. When I think of the people around me who are affected by my mood, I want to take back every snappish word...


...every stubborn silence...


...and blow away all the dark clouds. 


Because really I am blessed that they are in my life.


At this point last month, as we watched my father fade away with the moon, they were there and they made it bearable.

So this new moon, I will be focussing my energies on diminishing negative thoughts... 
...and focussing on the good stuff. 


Blessings and love.
With thanks to Pon and Zi.

4 musings:

C said...

Hugs hun :) the dark of the moon affects me too, i think once you recongnise it every month its easier to cope with. Stay strong and listen to your body and rest. Once the moon starts to grow, you too will grow stronger and stronger and blossom with the full moon :) x x x

Amy said...

Thank you, lovely one. I have taken myself to bed with a warming ginger tea and an episode of Ghost Whisperer - always good for a cathartic cry! xx

Little Messy Missy said...

Cycles always come full circle, whether positive or negative, it will end soon I promise...

brandi said...

~i agree with crystal...emotions we all deal with and once we can realize those moments are upon us we are able to deal with them a bit better...this was a heartfelt post written with light coming from within you...always a blessings when we can realize such emotions and take a step forward to change what is and make it a brighter day...sending much l♥ve and light upon you now and always~

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I truly love to hear your contributions.

Related Posts with Thumbnailslinkwithin_text='From the same cauldron...'