1375–1425; late ME lucius, unexplained var. of licius, aph. poss. variant of delicious
1. highly pleasing to the taste or smell: luscious peaches.
2. richly satisfying to the senses or the mind: the luscious style of his poetry.
3. richly adorned; luxurious: luscious furnishings.
4. arousing physical, or sexual, desire; voluptuous: a luscious figure.
5. sweet to excess; cloying
Alt. – lushious
1. Originating from ‘Lush’
2. Having the qualities of a ‘Lush’ product
3. Created from the ‘Lush’ values
This treat made me squeal with glee. Not only is it from LUSH, a shop with which I am obsessed (both for its sumptuous smelling products and ethical merchandising) but it is shaped like.a.spring.flower!
Buddy, I may not know who you are, but you clearly know me.
One small problem though: I find myself torn. It smells so delicious I cannot wait to have a bath with it; yet it is so pretty-pretty I don’t want to use it! What to do?!