The meandering thoughts of a modern-day hearth witch.


Friday 19 March 2010

lus·cious   [luhsh-uhs]


Etymology
1375–1425; late ME lucius, unexplained var. of licius, aph. poss. variant of delicious

-Adjective 

1. highly pleasing to the taste or smell: luscious peaches.

2. richly satisfying to the senses or the mind: the luscious style of his poetry.

3. richly adorned; luxurious: luscious furnishings.

4. arousing physical, or sexual, desire; voluptuous: a luscious figure.

5. sweet to excess; cloying

Alt. – lushious 

1. Originating from ‘Lush’

2. Having the qualities of a ‘Lush’ product

3. Created from the ‘Lush’ values


This treat made me squeal with glee. Not only is it from LUSH, a shop with which I am obsessed (both for its sumptuous smelling products and ethical merchandising) but it is shaped like.a.spring.flower!

Buddy, I may not know who you are, but you clearly know me. 

One small problem though: I find myself torn. It smells so delicious I cannot wait to have a bath with it; yet it is so pretty-pretty I don’t want to use it! What to do?!

0 musings:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I truly love to hear your contributions.

Related Posts with Thumbnailslinkwithin_text='From the same cauldron...'